How to Use Photographic Styles with Your iPhone 13
IPhone photographers can take advantage of a new feature with their iPhone 13 called Photographic Styes. It is available with all models of the iPhone 13 product line.
Photographic Styles use machine learning on the device to change the look of your photo as you take it. Multi-frame image processing intelligently applies exposure and heat settings while preserving precise skin tones. Styles are different from filters you can apply in editing images because they work in real time and you cannot edit the style in post production.
There are five styles to choose from:
- Standard – 0 ton, 0 heat. The default balanced style.
- Rich contrast – -50 ton, 0 heat. Darker shadows, richer colors and stronger contrast.
- Vibrant – +50 ton, 0 heat. Bright and vivid colors.
- Warm – 0 ton, +50 heat. Golden undertones create a warm look.
- Costs – 0 ton, -50 heat. Blue undertones create a cool look.
You can apply a style in Settings> Camera> Photographic styles. You can also change the style when the camera is active by finding the three-square icon. Note that Photographic Styles cannot be used for RAW photos, so if you don’t see the icon, turn RAW off.