How to Use Photographic Styles and Switch Between Them
APPLE has added a new smart feature that instantly livens up your photos.
The new iPhone 13 features Photographic Styles – special “filter style” camera presets that enhance the appearance of your photos.
You choose them before you take a photo, making your images look fresh and different.
The feature is only available on the iPhone 13 at the moment, so if you don’t have one, you’ll be missing out.
What are the photographic styles of the iPhone 13?
There are five photographic styles as standard.
The first is Standard – the default iPhone option which should work best in most situations.
Then there is Rich contrast, which promises “darker shadows, richer colors and strong contrast” for a dramatic look.
The third is Dynamic styling, which offers “wonderfully bright and vivid colors” for what Apple describes as a “shiny but natural look.”
The fourth is Warm style, adding golden undertones for a much warmer photo.
And the fifth is the opposite of that – Cool style – with blue undertones for a cooler feeling.
How do you choose the photographic styles on iPhone 13
When you open the camera for the first time on your iPhone 13, you will be asked to choose a photographic style.
It’s probably worth sticking with Standard at first, so you get a feel for the usual style of photos.
However, note that you cannot change the styles after taking a photo.
If you want to try a different style, you need to change your settings before taking a photo.
There are two ways to do this.
- 1. First open the Camera app and choose Photo
- 2. Then swipe up from the word Photo
- 3. Tap the icon that looks like several squares
- 4. From here you can swipe left or right to choose a style.
You can also go to Settings> Camera> Photographic styles to change the chosen mode.
Once you’ve selected a Photographic Style, you’ll see it appear at the top right of the Camera app.
You can tap it to change your style at any time.
- Read all the latest news on phones and gadgets
- Stay up to date on Apple Stories
- Get the latest news on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best tips and tricks for phones and gadgets
Are you looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We’ve got you covered …
- How to Recover Your Deleted Instagram Photos
- How to follow someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here’s how to see if your Gmail account has been hacked.
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is the Bumble Dating App?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here’s how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, check out our iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro test.
Take a look at the new Lamborghini Huracan Evo which can clean your house and cook you dinner.
Check out the awesome Panasonic 65HZ1000 TV, which makes most TVs look like nothing.
Read our full guide to Call of Duty 2021.
And Dell’s Alienware R10 Ryzen Edition is a gaming PC powerhouse that crushes both new consoles.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for the Sun Online tech and science team? Email us at [email protected]