Design Project Manager – Los Angeles, CA, USA | Works
Doing a good job Corp
Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Mon 7 March ’22Posted on:
Do Good Work Corp is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded Design Project Manager to help develop and execute deeply immersive environments that connect communities and inspire the imagination.
The Design Project Manager is an interdisciplinary role that will work closely with the Construction Project Manager. The Design Project Manager will be responsible for planning, developing and executing a wide range of designs, from initial concept to clearance and interfacing with third party vendors and consultants.
The Design Project Manager will be self-motivated and an excellent communicator. They will have a thorough understanding of architectural and interior design principles and experience coordinating vendors and consultants. This role will also require excellent representational skills for presentation and technical drawings with a working knowledge of shop drawings and means and methods of construction.
Do Good Work Corp is looking for an excellent critical thinker, a creative designer and problem solver, a freelancer and someone who is looking to deepen their knowledge of best practices in of FF&E and construction.
This is a part time [20 hours/week] Southern California-based position – 30% of work to be performed during normal business hours onsite or remotely.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Practice a holistic integration of design disciplines and principles in millwork, architecture, and interiors.
- Deliver holistic design and resource solutions with the Do Good Work Corp team.
- Provide forward-thinking design and ideation to concept projects.
- Support design ideas, conversations and directions both internally and externally.
- Design environments/millwork/showrooms within the parameters of individual business goals, budgets and market requirements.
- Execute the design strategy for Do Good Work Corp projects, programs and initiatives in accordance with leadership and client objectives.
- Participate in schematic reviews with management, cross-functional business owners, customers and vendors.
- Manage the design process by assessing project scope through review of site surveys, budgeting and schedule.
- Manage and execute production of deliverables from design to construction documentation. Ensure that all objectives, scope of work and code requirements provided by customers are met and aligned with the design intent and reflected in the drawings.
- Provide clear, effective and timely communication and alignment with internal and external team members.
- Plan and manage design processes and practices with external clients and the Do Good Work Corp team.
- Prepare, communicate and educate cross-functional customer groups and internal and external teams on design and scope changes.
- Establish schedules with alignment of construction project manager. Communicate dates to the team and meet all established deadlines.
- Review on-site conditions closely with the Construction Project Manager to prepare for and resolve on-site issues.
- Perform site visits and supplier/manufacturing reviews as required. [approx. 30% of time]
- Oversee Q/A of all outsourced deliverables including engineering drawings, shop drawings, fixtures, furniture and photography.
- Oversee the closing of projects, including the coordination of professional photography and the review of marketing assets.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn a holistic approach to design and business.
- Freelancer, problem solver, good communicator, design excellence.
- Adaptability and ability to adapt in the context of changing priorities.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Continually demonstrate an attitude of achievement, trust and teamwork to achieve results.
- Commitment to work and the team.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or related field.
- 3-4 years of experience in managing projects or suppliers.
- 4-5 years of experience in your field or using designated skills.
- 4-5 years of CAD drawing in AutoCAD software.
- 4-5 years of 3D modeling and rendering software. Sketchup, Rhino or Equiv. V-ray, et al.
- Experience managing external architectural or design consultants.
- Understanding of the Brand – Design – Communication interaction.
- Current knowledge of industry trends in furnishings and finishes.
- Current working knowledge of building code and compliance issues.
- Demonstrated CAD drawing, 3D visualization, and modeling (VRAY, Rhino, et al.).
- Ability and working knowledge of color, materiality and fundamental design principles.
- Ability to balance design with operational needs and budget goals, resulting in exceptional projects.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
- Articulate design issues in written and verbal communication, sketches/drawings, etc.
- Ability to translate stated design principles/goals into unique and varied solutions.
- Knowledge of architectural details, assembly of materials, construction process, project sequencing, specifications for QA/production of construction documents and construction administration.
- Organisational skills; attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
View your application history
Back to task list…